Hello and welcome back to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week!
In this episode, STANNIS the objectively rightful King of Westeros and his morally unambiguous sorceress begin their crusade to set the world to rights. We foresee no complications whatsoever.
This week, we:
- Talk about the choice of introducing Stannis and Melisandre through Cressen's POV instead of Davos
- Attempt and ABSOLUTELY SUCCEED in re-evaluating Stannis against the memes and preconceived notions
- Set Stannis's characterization against what Robert, Renly and Westeros believe about him
- Re-evaluate Selyse and offer a more sympathetic picture of Queen Selyse while also looking askance at her fanaticism.
- Define Melisandre and her purpose in the story, analyzing her in the context of magic and magic
- Talk about Stannis burning Shireen in the context of the books and show.
Next week we're on the road for ACOK, Arya I, Arya II and Arya III! All Arya, all the time!
Our patreon: www.patreon.com/NotACastASOIAF
Our twitter: twitter.com/NotACastASOIAF
Our facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/289889118235797/
Our youtube page: www.youtube.com/channel/UCmmDfPdG…iew_as=subscriber
Emmett's twitter: twitter.com/PoorQuentyn
Jeff's twitter: twitter.com/BryndenBFish