Hello and welcome to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week!
In this episode, Emmett is taking a well-deserved week off which means that Jeff will inflict himself upon you all by taking a look at the Five Year Gap and why it was bad. Also, you're a coward if you disagree with me.
This week, we:
- Define what the Five-Year Gap was and how it came into existence
- Talk about all of the plots GRRM had in mind for a post-five year gap version of ADWD
- Talk about which characters the gap worked well for and which it didn't
- Argue that the Five-Year Gap was bad in many way
- Ask whether the Five-Year Gap is truly gone.
Next week: Emmett's doppelganger/boyfriend Mance Rayder has a few questions for Jon Snow. Just a few in ASOS, Jon I!