Hello and welcome back to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week!
Today, Emmett and Jeff are pleased to present you with "Quality Family Time: An Analysis of AGOT, Tyrion I": our first chapter from the POV of Tyrion Lannister!
This week, we talk:
- A best-of Apple Podcast reviews
- Tyrion as an anachronistic modern POV and our reader sympathies
- Dysfunctional Lannisters
- Detective Tyrion puzzling out Jaime and Cersei's involvement in Bran's fall
- All the foreshadowing of Tyrion vs Sandor vs Joffrey vs Cersei vs Jaime
- More 1993 Letter stuff!
- The Winterfell Library and that book "Engines of War" and how that might play out in TWOW
- Is Jaime's fate spelled out here in Tyrion's first POV chapter
- Why Penny the Dwarf is the mirror GRRM holds up to Tyrion in ADWD and what she means to Tyrion.
It's a goshdarn good episode
Next Week: Catelyn Stark may have done something wrong: our analysis of AGOT, Jon II!
Our patreon: https://www.patreon.com/NotACastASOIAF
Our twitter: https://twitter.com/NotACastASOIAF
Emmett's tumblr: http://poorquentyn.tumblr.com/
Emmett's twitter: https://twitter.com/PoorQuentyn
Jeff's twitter: https://twitter.com/BryndenBFish