Hello and welcome back to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week!
Today, Emmett and Jeff get their hands dirty in the swamp politics of King's Landing as Lord Eddard Stark enters King's Landing, and we have our first small council session.
This week, we:
- Answer questions on why other theories besides R+L=J don't make sense and answer why there are few Valyrian steel weapons in Essos
- Breakdown Ned's no-good, very bad first day at the office.
- Analyze each of the small council counselors, who they are, their aims, their ambitions
- Littlefinger the Incel
- Is Pycelle an idiot, just pretending to be an idiot or is an idiot who thinks he's pretending to be an idiot?
- The beautiful tragedy of Ned and Catelyn's final meeting
- Get into foreshadowing and talk about why Ned fundamentally misunderstands his role as Hand of the King and how it leads to his downfall
- Do you like debt economics? We do! We analyze who is truly to blame for the 6 million golden dragon debt the crown currently has.
Next Week: AGOT, Tyrion III
Our patreon: https://www.patreon.com/NotACastASOIAF
Our twitter: https://twitter.com/NotACastASOIAF
Emmett's tumblr: http://poorquentyn.tumblr.com/
Emmett's twitter: https://twitter.com/PoorQuentyn
Jeff's twitter: https://twitter.com/BryndenBFish