Hello and welcome back to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week!
Today, Emmett and Jeff are joined AGAIN by ASOIAF mystic and mythical astronomer: Lucifer Means Lightbringer, AKA LML. He joins the boys today in doing the deep-dive into Daenerys Targaryen's third chapter.
Fair warning: there is discussion about rape and sexual assault in this episode.
This week, we:
- Answer questions about Cersei Lannister's TWOW arc, whether Stannis failed his brother and the realm by not telling Robert/Ned about the incest, and LML answers a question about ducks in his mystical, wonderful way!
- Dany's so dense chapter and why we love it
- PQ gets deep into Dany's cosmic apotheosis
- Dragon dreams and how they temper Dany, making her stronger and more resilient
- Why Jorah's grand statement about what the common people pray for is cynical bullshit for Jorah himself
- How GRRM dropped the ball a bit in the evolution of Dany and Drogo's sexual relationship
- Dragon dreams, the Others, the birth of dragons foreshadowing
- LML shows the plebs what it means to embrace the fire of the gods as he takes us through his AMAZING theory on the Long Night, Moon Meteors and the Forging of Lightbringer
- And finally, LML sings Radiohead's Karma Policeonce again to Jeff's deep and abiding sighs.
Next Week: AGOT, Bran IV with Manuclear Bomb!
Lucifer Means Lightbringer:
Between Two Weirwoods: "Parenting in Westeros" ft the Girls Gone Canon Podcast and Crowfood's Daughter from the Disputed Lands!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7ErvcEEqcI
Our patreon: https://www.patreon.com/NotACastASOIAF
Our twitter: https://twitter.com/NotACastASOIAF
Emmett's tumblr: http://poorquentyn.tumblr.com/
Emmett's twitter: https://twitter.com/PoorQuentyn
Jeff's twitter: https://twitter.com/BryndenBFish