Hello and welcome back to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week!
Today, Emmett and Jeff tackle Jeff's favorite AGOT chapter: AGOT, Catelyn V in which Lady Catelyn and her faithful retainer Ser Rodrik have a fateful chance encounter at the crossroads.
This week, we:
- Answer a question whether any of the gods are real in ASOIAF.
- Talk about Catelyn's family, her home and the fractured politics of the Riverlands
- The Inn at the Crossroads: not just a crossroads in space, but in time
- Feudalism and how Masha Heddle embodies it in her interactions with the incognito Catelyn and cognito Tyrion
- Our first inklings of the southron ambitions theory! (Jeff's favorite ASOIAF Theory!)
- Foreshadowing and irony in Catelyn's depictions of the Vale and Riverlands
- Bronn Foreshadowing
- And finally, the great debate of our time: was Catelyn right in taking Tyrion prisoner?
Next week: AGOT, Sansa II with Chloe AKA LiesAndArbor from Twitter and Tumbler!!
Our patreon: https://www.patreon.com/NotACastASOIAF
Our twitter: https://twitter.com/NotACastASOIAF
Emmett's tumblr: http://poorquentyn.tumblr.com/
Emmett's twitter: https://twitter.com/PoorQuentyn
Jeff's twitter: https://twitter.com/BryndenBFish