Hello and welcome back to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week!
Today, Emmett and Jeff tackle AGOT, Eddard VII in which in which the Hand’s Tourney comes to a bloody close and the titular Hand has some very revealing conversations with King Robert and Varys the Spider.
This week, we:
- Answer a question about the convenience of Ned figuring out that Jaime was the father of Cersei's children
- Discuss Ser Hugh's life and death as representative of chivalry and knightly virtue
- Robert Baratheon's hatred for rule and the crown vs his love for winning and fighting for the crown
- The end of the Hand's Tourney and what Gregor represents
- Varys and his spiderwebs
- Foreshadowing Ned and Robert's death
- Who killed Ser Hugh of the Vale
Next week: AGOT, Tyrion IV!
Our patreon: https://www.patreon.com/NotACastASOIAF
Our twitter: https://twitter.com/NotACastASOIAF
Emmett's tumblr: http://poorquentyn.tumblr.com/
Emmett's twitter: https://twitter.com/PoorQuentyn
Jeff's twitter: https://twitter.com/BryndenBFish