Hello and welcome back to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week!
Today, Emmett and Jeff unpack AGOT, Catelyn VI in which Catelyn Stark makes it out of the Mountains of the Moon to the Vale proper...only to have to climb yet another mountain. She just can’t win, despite doing nothing wrong, ever.
This week, we:
- Give our initial thoughts on the FIRE AND BLOOD excerpt
- Catelyn's growing stony heart
- Feudalism and Brynden Tully
- Lysa as pitiable and why she's acting the way she is
- Catelyn's ascent to the Eyrie and how it represents the hero's journey and what awaits the hero at the top
- What is going to happen in the Vale in TWOW
Next week: AGOT, Eddard IX!
Our patreon: https://www.patreon.com/NotACastASOIAF
Our twitter: https://twitter.com/NotACastASOIAF
Emmett's tumblr: http://poorquentyn.tumblr.com/
Emmett's twitter: https://twitter.com/PoorQuentyn
Jeff's twitter: https://twitter.com/BryndenBFish