Hello and welcome back to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week!
In this episode, an exiled widowed teenager stranded in the wasteland is reborn as the Mother of Dragons. Now that’s how you end a book.
This week, we:
- Frame the dragonbirth as as religious experience, not only for the characters but for us, the audience
- Break down the chapter's structure in terms of what Dany is planning v. what George reveals to us
- Discuss how Dany's character arc and the larger forces of destiny beautifully harmonize
- Praise Dany's politics (for now) as she takes command of the khalasar in the name of equality and transformation
- Try and fail to explain the magic at work in Drogo's funeral pyre
Next week: no regular episode, but our $5+ patrons will get our look back in AGOT--what we liked, what we didn't, what we learned. In two weeks, the normal cast resumes with the Prologue to A Clash of Kings. Thanks and love to everyone who's listened throughout book one!!
Our patreon: www.patreon.com/NotACastASOIAF
Our twitter: twitter.com/NotACastASOIAF
Our facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/289889118235797/
Our youtube page: www.youtube.com/channel/UCmmDfPdG…iew_as=subscriber
Emmett's twitter: twitter.com/PoorQuentyn
Jeff's twitter: twitter.com/BryndenBFish