Hello and welcome back to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week! In this episode, we are joined once more by our own High Inquisitor Frank B as the onion knight gives the freshly crowned Stannis Baratheon some sensible advice, only to get a Shakespeare monologue for his trouble.
This week, we:
- Break down Stannis' public letter declaring himself the rightful king
- Analyze both the simplicity *and* complexity of the Stannis-Davos dynamic
- Dig into the layers of meaning contained in Stannis' brief mention of his parents' deaths
- Expose and then set fire to Stannis' heart with the Proudwing backstory
- Discuss whether Stannis and Davos will ever meet again in the books (they won't)
Next week: Another brand new POV walks smugly and confidently into a series of rakes in ACOK, Theon I!