Episode 94: A CLASH OF KINGS, CATELYN II: “Summer Knights” ft. Special Guest Lady Gwynhyfvar from Radio Westeros!
Hello and welcome back to the NotACast, the one true chapter-by-chapter podcast going through A Song of Ice and Fire one chapter a week!
In this episode, Catelyn arrives at the traveling court of the rightful(?) king(?) of Westeros, Renly Baratheon the First of His Name, who makes her a reasonable(?) proposal before Stannis ruins(?) everything, as usual, just because he’s jealous(?)
This week, we:
- talk about the literary influences on GRRM and ASOIAF
- Get in on Catelyn's mental state just prior to her rendezvous with a terrorist king
- Zero in on the Reach, what they stand for and why they suck just as bad as the Lannisters
- Spend hours shitting on Renly
- Why Daemon Blackfyre to Renly to Young Griff is excellent paralleling on George's part
Next week: ACOK, Jon III for Jon III, as LC Mormont’s Great Ranging arrives at Craster’s Keep, the happiest(?) place in Westeros.